Bluebeard, the famous French folktale which tells the story of a tremendously wealthy nobleman, who has been married a few times, only to have his wives disappear without a trace every single time, marries yet once again. At first, the new pampered life suggests security & comfort to his young bride, but when Bluebeard goes out of town for a couple of days, leaving his wife with a key-ring full of rings, and seemingly the control of the entire chateau, the reality quickly changes. As he departs, Bluebeard strictly forbids his wife to enter one single mysterious room in the castle. However during his absence, the young wife cannot stop thinking about that one room, and just like yielding to an itch that won’t go away, eventually unlocks its door discovering the horrific murders of her husband’s former wives.
Our heroine ultimately saves her life and soul thanks to her curiosity.
And as these tales are always a symbolic representation of reality, C.P. Estés, the author of the “Women who run with the wolves” also reminds us that many women continue to live the story of “Bluebeard", marrying someone destructive while still young and naïve, for a false sense of freedom or security. And, although deep down they perceive the ‘beard’ that clearly shines bright blue, they spend much time insisting that it really is not so ‘blue’. The ‘key’ is a reminder of that and represents a test of fidelity & amp; obedience within the story. It is always our choice whether or not to open the door, continuing to live as naïve young women, following the ‘rules’ of society, or to follow our own intuition, be curious and usher in our truth.
inspired by the famous French folktale with the most well-known surviving version written by Charles Perrault, published in Paris in 1967. reminding us that it is always our choice whether to blindly continue to follow the “rules” of the society, or to follow our own intuition, be curious and usher in our own truth.
- Each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed.
- 100% silk, crepe de chine.
- Measuring 64 cms by 64 cms.
- The edges are hand-rolled.
- To be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch.
- Product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
- You may find more details for return/exchange and care instructions here