This She-Wolf print is a tribute to the strong female archetypes depicted in the folk tales collected by Clarissa P. Estes in her sensational book, “Women Who Run with the Wolves.” The feminine mythology recounted by C.P. Estes in this beloved volume is rich with examples of forceful women in touch with their creative selves & characterized by unbridled freedom – aka, impressive She-Wolves running wild.
And we chose to give our “Loba” the legs of Kathrine Switzer, the 20-year-old athlete who became the first woman to officially compete in the Boston Marathon in 1967 – historically a men’s only event till then– even as the race officials tried to harass, tackle and physically stop her. To us, she is the epitome of a She-Wolf in her natural habitat - invincible & inspirational.
Our dear Dilek Ucarli’s photo taken in the Belgrade forests right outside of Istanbul, became the body of our She-Wolf, as we thought it so perfectly evoked the natural habitat a she would feel right at home.
- Each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed.
- 100% silk, crepe de chine.
- Measuring 40 cms by 40 cms.
- The edges are hand-rolled.
- To be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch.
- Product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
- You may find more details for return/exchange and care instructions here