RUBY SLIPPERS - RAINCOAT
In ‘The Red Shoes’, the famous fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen, a poor, orphaned girl named Karen is adopted by a rich woman upon her mother’s death. The adoptive mother gives her a pair of red shoes as a present, and Karen becomes obsessed with them, wanting to wear them everywhere — even to church, where they’re considered inappropriate. One day, Karen starts dancing and the shoes take over her feet. She cannot take them off or stop dancing. At her wit’s end, she asks to have her feet amputated, but this does nothing to solve her problem. Her severed feet follow her around, still merrily dancing inside the red shoes, taunting her. She gives up her life of riches, starts working as a maid, and begs God to forgive her for her vanity. Simply put: she’s a woman punished for veering from the path and behavior she is meant to ascribe to.
Is this a dark tale about the dangers of relentless obsession, or a simple observation about the disapproval which society piles on female souls & spirits who openly & boldly wish to live out their true passion?
For us “red shoes” are a stand-in for the liberation of a woman’s desires, to her whole-hearted & sincere dedication to her true calling. They have the power to incite passion & desire, and are therefore frowned upon.
May we all have the courage to follow those passions, no matter where they lead us, and celebrate those brave trailblazers who have come before us.
- %80 polyester, %20 cotton, loose fit raincoat with raglan sleeves, metal snap closures, and hoodie lined with self fabric. Each raincoat comes with it’s own envelope shaped bag in original print&fabric.
- One size: Suitable for 34-36-38-40-42 sizes.
- Model's measurements: Height 180 cm, bust 82 cm, waist 60 cm, hips 89 cm.
- Each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed.
- Product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. The recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
- You may find more details for return/exchange and care instructions here